SNCF TGV INOUI and RENFE AVE to Spain
Both SNCF and RENFE have a couple of daily high-speed trains connecting Spain and France. They allow you to travel fast and comfortably between cities like Paris, Lyon, Valence, Montpellier, Marseille, Madrid and Barcelona. Although both railway companies offer different routes.
Train routes to Spain
SNCF TGV INOUI trains run on the following route between France and Spain:
- Paris - Barcelona
RENFE AVE trains run on the following route between France and Spain:
- Lyon – Barcelona
- Marseille – Madrid
Both the night trains to Latour de Carol and Cerbère are good alternatives for the busy TGV route to Barcelona. The night train to Hendaye is a good alternative to reach San Sebastian and Bilbao.
- Search for Paris to Latour de Carol in our timetable and find the local train to Barcelona on the Rodalies website (‘La Tor de Querol-Enveitg’).
- Search for Paris to Cerbere and Cerbere to Barcelona in separate enquiries in our timetable. This train only runs daily during summer season.
- Search for Paris to Hendaye in our timetable and find the local trains to San Sebastian and Bilbao on Euskotren* to Spain. RENFE trains to San Sebastian and Madrid depart from Irun, which is a 30 minute walk across the border or a 4 minute train ride by Euskotren.*
*Euskotren is not part of the Interrail network. Buy your tickets locally in Hendaye in vending machines or at the ticket desk.
Reservations on SNCF TGV INOUI and RENFE AVE high-speed trains to Spain are compulsory. Your Pass needs to be valid in both France and Spain.
How to make reservations for SNCF TGV INOUI and RENFE AVE trains to Spain
- The international TGVs connecting Paris in France with Barcelona in Spain, can only be booked at train stations in France and in the Interrail reservation self-service system.
- The international AVEs connecting Lyon and Marseille in France with Barcelona and Madrid in Spain can only be booked at train stations in Spain.
You can make your reservations on the day of travel or for up to 6 months in advance.
|Route||1st class||2nd class|
|TGV Paris – Barcelona||€35||€35|
|TGV Valence/Avignon/Montpellier/Perpignan – Barcelona||€25||€25|
|AVE Lyon/Avignon/Montpellier/Perpignan – Barcelona||€13||€10|
|AVE Marseille/Nîmes/Montpellier/Perpignan – Barcelona – Madrid||€13||€10|
Added value to your trip
The SNCF TGV INOUI and RENFE AVE trains are comfortable and popular trains, offering spacious seats with power outlets and free WiFi. This is why reservation fees for these trains are higher than average.
Facilities and services
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.