Interrail senior discount
Think Interrail is just for youth? It’s also for you! The freedom and adventure of Interrailing through Europe has no age limit. Whether you want to tour Europe’s famous cities, relax in nature, or experience a bit of everything, get there in comfort and style by train with an Interrail Pass.
- Plan your own rail route through up to 33 European countries (no fixed itinerary)
- Go at your own pace – pick the number of travel days that’s right for you
- Choose 1st class for the most comfortable ride
- Arrive directly where you want to be, with most train stations located right in the city centre
- Enjoy a 10% discount on Interrail Passes if you are aged 60 or over
- Book additional seat reservations for selected routes, such as night trains
Pick your Global Pass
Global Pass: 7 days in 1 month
✔ 7 days of unlimited train travel
✔ Perfect for visiting 6–8 destinations
✔ Mobile Pass – no shipping required
Global Pass: 5 days in 1 month
✔ 5 days of unlimited train travel
✔ Perfect for visiting 4–6 destinations
✔ Mobile Pass – no shipping required
What's included in the Pass?
- Hop on and off most trains in 33 countries just by showing your Pass (some high-speed and night trains require an extra seat reservation).
- Download the free Rail Planner app to plan your trip and show your ticket as you go.
- Get extra benefits and discounts as you travel with our 100+ partners across Europe.
- Interrail has flexible exchange and return policies that let you book with confidence.
What's not included?
- Seat reservations. These are mandatory on most high-speed trains and night trains and must be booked in advance at an additional cost. Check whether seat reservations are required for your journey and how much they could cost by searching our timetable.
- Public transport like trams, buses and rental bikes is not covered by your Pass (though you can get a discount in some cities).
- You'll need to pay for accommodation (though you can get a discount with our accomodation partners).
Why travel with Interrail
What's a seat reservation?
For some trains, like high-speed and night trains, it's mandatory to buy a seat reservation (this reservation guarantees your seat on the applicable train). Please note that you can only buy reservations when you have a valid Pass.
Don't have your Interrail Pass yet? Not sure whether you need seat reservations or how much they cost? Don't worry; we have all the answers. Find out more about reservations here →
When do you need a seat reservation?
If you're planning to see a lot in a short space of time on your Interrail trip, then you'll most likely need to buy some seat reservations for high-speed routes before you go.
Who we are
Where in Europe do you want to be? Interrail is the unique and exciting way to get there. One train Pass to help you open doors to new destinations, cultures and friendships all over Europe.
The Interrail Pass is a train ticket that allows you to travel on almost all trains in Europe. You can choose from over 40,000 destinations in 33 countries, designing a European adventure that’s personal to you.
The ultimate sense of freedom
Interrail gives you the travel tools that put you in charge. You can use the Interrail Pass to hop aboard trains, check train times using the Interrail timetable and app, and even book seats in advance using the Interrail Reservation Service.
Interrail isn't a tour operator. We don't tell you where to go or how. We just make sure you can get to wherever you want to be.
Get more out of your trip
Travel smart and book Europe's top attractions in advance. This way you'll learn all about the culture and history of your destination. So, avoid the queues and get the best prices for tours and tickets. Besides that, when you've bought your Pass, you'll get a nice discount!
Your trip isn't complete without an amazing city tour, for example in Berlin, Paris and many others. With SANDEMAN's in-depth walking tours, you'll learn all about the sights, the history and the people of your destination. But that's not all... as an Interrail Pass holder you get a 20% discount on all tours!
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.