Group travel done right
Our tips for getting the most out of your holiday with friends
Everyone has to take a big group holiday at least once in their life, right? A trip through Europe by train is the perfect way to spend a few weeks with your group of friends – it's super sociable, you can be flexible and spontaneous and it's easy on the wallet, too. So if you're already planning your next big European adventure together, here are our tips on how to do it right.
Money-saving tips for travelling with friends
If you're a group of friends on a budget, travelling together means more people to split costs with. Here are our tips:
- Ask about group discounts for things like accommodation, activities and museums.
- Buy in bulk and split the costs. This works on everything from snacks and drinks to souvenirs.
- Cook dinner together instead of eating at restaurants every night. It's cheap and it's a great way to spend an evening together.
- Keep track of what you're spending. It's easy to go overboard, especially if you're not used to the local currency.
Our tips for stress-free group travel
Even the best of friends don't agree on everything. Keep these things in mind to make sure your trip goes smoothly.
- Discuss your budget. Money is a tricky subject, so talk about it beforehand to help avoid awkward moments along the way.
- Split tasks or assignments among the group. If you're each responsible for one thing, planning the trip will be so much easier.
- Consult and compromise on the itinerary. You can go museum hopping on one day and try cliff jumping the next. Mix it up!
- Plan some alone time. Not big on cliff jumping? Skip it – remember that you don't have to do everything together.
- Keep communicating. If something's bothering you, speak up – or if you're having the time of your life, let everyone know!
Are you ready for an adventure?
Get your squad together and find the perfect Interrail Pass for your next big trip to Europe.
Change of currency
You cannot change the currency once you have a Pass in your cart. Remove the Pass, and then change the currency on the website header.