Fjord Line ferries
Fjord Line operates ferries between Denmark and several destinations on the shores of Norway. Travel with one of these luxurious ships and enjoy the beautiful Norwegian coastline, with its many fjords and waterfalls.
Fjord Line ferries routes
- Hirtshals (Denmark) - Langesund (Norway)
- Hirtshals (Denmark) - Kristiansand (Norway)
- Hirtshals (Denmark) - Bergen (Norway)
- Hirtshals (Denmark) - Stavanger (Norway)
- Stavanger (Norway) - Bergen (Norway)
- Strömstad (Sweden) - Sandefjord (Norway)
Facilities and services
- Air conditioning
- Disabled facilities
- Live onstage entertainment
- Power sockets
- Self-service restaurant
- Tax and duty-free shop
Facilities may differ per ferry and route.
Discounts and conditions for Eurail Pass holders
All Eurail Pass holders get a 30% discount on Fjord Line ferry crossings all year round, on all routes. It applies to both passenger fares and air seats (on board of MS Stavangerfjord and MS Bergensfjord), but does not apply to vehicles, cabins, meals, and extras.
Fjord Line offers daily crossings to Norway.
Hirtshals-Stavanger: 9hrs 30min
Hirsthals-Bergen: 16hrs 15min
Stavanger-Bergen: 5hrs 30min
Hirtshals-Langesund: 4hrs 30min
Hirtshals-Kristiansand: 2hrs 15min
Strömstad-Sandefjord: 2hrs 30min
Contact and reservation
You can obtain your discount by booking your ferry crossing:
- Online on the Fjord Line website. By booking through the website, no admin fees are added. When you get to the online payment stage, you'll see that the Eurail discount has been deducted from your total price:
By email, contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone. The Fjord Line contact number is +47 51 46 40 99 (in Norway), +31 433 270 061 (in the Netherlands), and +49 3821 7097 210 (in Germany). If you book by telephone a €20 admin fee is added to the booking.
Please note that if you're traveling with a discount, you'll need to show your Eurail Pass at Fjord Line's check-in.