Refunds and Exchanges
- Refunds are subject to a 15% cancellation fee after payment to InterRail.eu (formerly known as InterRailnet.Com) has been made, except when you have purchased the Premium Shipping Service and the first delivery attempt of the package is later than the Estimated Delivery Date as indicated during the order process. In this case you are entitled to a 100% refund including shipping costs.
- In case of an exchange for a different pass or an accidental double order, a 100% refund minus an administrative fee of 15 euro per pass or the equivalent of 15 euro in local currency will apply, instead of the normal refund of 85%.
- Lost or stolen InterRail passes are neither refundable nor replaceable, except when the Pass Lost & Theft Cover has been purchased and these specific terms apply.
- Delivery charges are not refundable, except when the Premium Shipping Service has been purchased and the first delivery attempt of the package is later than the Estimated Delivery Date indicated during the order process.
- Partially used or validated passes are 100% non-refundable.
- A refund may be granted on an unused pass, which is returned to us before the first day of validity.
- In case of a request after the first day of validity, a refund can only be granted under the following conditions:
- the pass has been endorsed ‘NOT USED’ by railway staff before or on the first day of validity by drawing two diagonal crossing lines across the front of the ticket and writing on it “Not used”, signing it and stamping it with an office date stamp and
- the request is handed in within 1 month after the last day of validity of the pass. No request can be accepted after this period.
- All requests for refund for tickets must be made exclusively at the company where the pass in question has been purchased, while presenting the original ticket in its ticket cover.
- For orders made at InterRail.eu, please contact our order support team for instructions on how to return your pass and ask for a refund.
Delivery of the package
- Delivery times stated on the website are indicative only. InterRail.eu does its best to deliver the package on time, but will not be held responsible for any loss or damage suffered from late arrival of the package or any other delivery problems, specifically not if the delay is caused by the postal service or courier. See the following table for the shipping costs of the different shipping options:
Shipping option Costs Track & Trace 100% On Time Guarantee Available for these countries Budget Shipping FREE No No United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Greece, Poland, Hungary, Lithuania and Luxembourg Standard Shipping from € 7 / £ 6 Yes No all European countries Premium Shipping from € 25 / £ 19 Yes Yes all European countries
We cannot ship InterRail passes to destinations outside of Europe.
- Immediately upon receipt, please verify that all ordered products have been delivered. If the package is incomplete, please contact our order support team within 48 hours.
- If the package does not arrive on time, the client should contact InterRail.eu's order support team. InterRail.eu will work with the client to find a solution.
- If a package gets lost that is sent with free registered Mail without track & trace, it can take up to 8 weeks before we get the required information from the postal service to find a solution.
Country of Residence
You can buy an InterRail pass if your country of residence for at least 6 months has been:
- one of the Inter Rail community members: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, FYR Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Kosovo, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
- one of the other European countries:
- Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Cyprus, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Gibraltar, Iceland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Russia, San Marino, Ukraine, Vatican;
Train staff will check your residency in your travel document, so make sure that you bring the right documents.
If you are a non-European resident, you can travel with a Eurail Pass.
- InterRail Global Passes and InterRail One Country Passes are not valid within your own country of residence. If you have an InterRail Global Pass, a reduction may be applicable on trips to the border in your own country.
- Youth passes can only be used by travelers under the age of 26 on the first day of travel.
- Child passes can only be used by travelers between the age 4 and 11 years on the first day of travel
- Senior passes can only be used by travelers aged 60 years or older on the first day of travel
- All bookings are accepted and all passes are issued on the express condition that InterRail is not responsible nor liable for any loss (consequential or otherwise); damage (including, but not limited to, loss of, or damage to passengers' clothes, baggage, property, whatsoever); death, injury, delay, inconvenience or irregularity caused by, or arising from, or in connection with, any defect in any train, vehicle or other land or sea conveyance used, rented, or travelled in; or through the negligence, wilful misconduct, strikes, or other acts, defaults, or omissions of any railroad carrier or other provider of goods and services.
- Travel with an InterRail pass is subject to the conditions, tariffs and regulations imposed by the European rail, shipping, bus or other companies, firms, or persons concerned. These conditions include making compulsory reservations on specific trains in some countries.
Other terms and conditions
- InterRail.eu has been appointed by the Eurail Group G.I.E. as an InterRail General Sales Agent and is authorized to act as an intermediary between travellers and the European Railway companies that are members of the Eurail Group G.I.E by means of selling InterRail passes.
- Every booking accepted is subject to a fraud check. Potential fraudulous bookings will be manually validated and the customers will be contacted if needed. This will happen within 48 hours after booking, during business days. InterRail.eu is not responsible nor liable for any loss (consequential or otherwise); damage, delay, inconvenience or irregularity caused by, or arising from, or in connection with this process.
- Prices shown on InterRail.eu's website include taxes and exclude eventual shipping costs.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- Travel insurance is recommended.
- Travellers are responsible for ensuring that they have all necessary travel documents and visas.
- Hotel and hostel bookings are carried out by our selected partners HotelsCombined and Hostel World. InterRail.eu cannot be held responsible for any changes, refunds or complaints with hotel or hostel bookings, nor for changes to hotel/hostel reservations caused by train delays, strikes, etc. Any queries regarding hotel bookings must be dealt with by the selected hotel or hostel partner.
- Complaints about InterRail.eu's service, website and orders made with InterRail.eu can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have complaints concerning the InterRail product (including complaints about strikes and problems with making reservations) contact the Eurail Group G.I.E
Please note: Dutch law is applicable
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE VALID FROM 8 APRIL 2009 UNTIL 31 DECEMBER, 2013.